From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:49:54 PST
>From: Ela <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: re: UCLA Bogus!! (and colloidal silver...on a soap box!)
>
>Thank you for your excellent post, Megan!  No, to answer the statement in
>your article ..  I don't think I got "sucked in by some official sounding
>jargon".  For one thing, I did my own original research, from multiple
>sources.
>
>But that's not even the main reason that I believe so strongly in
>colloidal silver...

Hi Ela, i hope you werent offended by my post, although i very much stand
by my opinion regarding the colloidal silver, my post wasn't directed to
anyone in particular, my concerns were that so many people just will take
someones word for something and as in this case a fellow ferret mom/dad and
rather than getting facts and information will take a short cut.  i am
happy for you if the colloidal silver seemed to help Paddington Bear, we
all want to do the best we can for our fuzzies, and i suppose that if my
ferrets were very sick and there was nothing no one could do to get them
better, i would considder getting brave and trying something less
researched (what ever that means) but there is also a danger as some people
have come to look at alternative medicin, as candy!  they'll try anything
and consume everything just assuming it is perfectly alright, and there
aren't going to be any side effects, there is a totall lack of respect for
some very potent herbs and remedies, and as in my opinion the colloidal
silver is as very very last resort, and still experimental, dont get me
wrong i believe in herbs very much, although i don't believe our fuzzies
could tolerate and react the same way as we do, but this is different, it
is a metall, and there are possibly some very serious side effects to
considder, which the manufactores are unwilling to discuss, its a jungle of
literature and hog wash all mixed together to give people the impression
that they know what they are talking about.

a ferret life is really not a very long one, i would think it could take
several years before you start to see the side effects in humans, and my
unqualified guess in the ferrets case would be around a year due to their
faster metabolism and life cycle.

i want to urge people to use common sense, not everyone is educated enough
to understand medical terms, not everyone can read between the lines, but
certainly we all can use common sense, i don't claim to have all the
answers or even a few, but i think i have some basics down, and rely on my
instincts for the rest, there is a whole bunch of corruption around most
medical and alternative products, and wether or not the FDA has approved of
any specific ingredients or products means zilch to me, you only have to go
as far as to your grocery store to check the validity of this institution.
anyone interested feel free to e-mail me for further clarifications as i
don't want to be a bore.

please be aware that my intentions are most sincere, and i don't mean to
offend anyone, but it hurts me to see the effects of this insane
propaganda, and what is meant to con people out of their money, in a few
years from now they will have made enough to where a few millions in law
suits means nothing to them, and the FDA share in one way or another in the
profits, you think i'm outrageous?  i think it is an outrage!

I hope Paddington stays well, it is not hard to see you love him a lot,
but then who can ever resist these thieves and bandits of our hearts?

Sincerely
Josephine