Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:44:32 -0600
For those of you who remember Tinder, the four year old ferret I lost to
lypomas (fat masses) last October, I have finally managed to put up a very
basic site so that anyone who was interested could see what she looked
like.

http://members.tripod.com/EikonDesignsStudio/photoalbum/index.html

It's not pretty like some of the other sites that I have visited but at
least you finally get a chance to see her.  I am new to this field but hope
to get up to speed in the near future.  These pictures will be of interest
to vets if they have never seen a condition like this before.  At this
point I have to apologize to Ferret Dad as I said I would take him up on
his offer to place these photos up on his web site.  Every day I tried to
get them together to send to him but could never find the strength to do
it.  Even now I find that looking at her photos brings me to tears all over
again.  But I knew I had to find the strength.  Tinder's death, although
still not understood, may help another down the road.  By the time Tinder
got this big, the fat had enveloped every major organ of her body.  The
necropsy found nothing unusual or abnormal with any of her major organs
as all were in good shape.  One of the possibilities was that she may have
been predisposed to this condition.

I don't know what more to say... so I will let the pictures speak for
themselves.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur

P.S. If anyone is interested in using any of these photos, please contact
me via e-mail and outline what purpose you would be using them for.  I will
be happy to oblige..  I only ask that you ask permission first.  Thanks.