Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:52:40 -0600
As I write this, we are having our first really good snow of the year.  And
probably our last, technically, of this year!  (Happy New Year all!)  I'm
particularly happy that this is occuring while I am not required to leave
the house for any reason and can just watch the snow fall and admire it
from the warmth of my home.  :) But we had our round of running through it
tonight.  Went to the door earlier to take dinner from the pizza delivery
girl, and Loki dashes out between my legs.  The falling white magic flakes
sure had his attention; they've never been interested in the outdoors too
terribly before.  This was his first snowfall ever, and boy did he get
excited.  Dooking and weasel war dancing all across the yard.  Panicked, I
ran out after him, not wanting to lose him or have him war dance right into
the streets.  I'm sure the pizza girl was amused by this; me chasing a
madly dancing and twisting small fuzzie (who was having the time of his
life), in my socks and no jacket, in the freshly fallen snow.  He hopped
twe units down (we live in a large townhouse type apartment complex) and I
dove for him (the only time I've ever dove for ANYTHING in my life).
Landed right on some rocks in front of my neighbors living room window
(durn snow was hiding the sharp rocks, I banged my knees up quite good).
The commotion caused my neighbor and his wife to come to the door and see
what was going on, and they of course oohed and aahed over my baby, who was
all puffed out and excited from the cold and his adventure.  I was as nice
as could be, though quite embarrassed and in some pain from my dive onto
the rocks.  And cold!  :) So what did I do after retreating into my house
and paying the pizza girl?  Suited up in my best winter gear, put the
harnesses on all the fuzzies, and took them out in the snow one at a time
so they'd all have their chance to play in it.  Well, Loki got to play, and
I had to be fair to them all!  :) Ferrets...I swear, they're the most
spoiled creatures in the world!

Kristi (Kitchen Consultant with The Pampered Chef) and the Mad Menagerie:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and Loki (Mustelid Mob of Mayhem)
        Boo (the cat) and Casey (the kitten)
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093 )

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 OR
by yucky AOL: My IM name is EmaniaE

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!