From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:59:12 -0800
Yes it is true Marshall Farms filed a lawsuit against the California Dept.
of Fish and Game.  The judge was in favor of MF and the domestic ferret.
But the DFG has a friend in Sacramento called our Deputy Attorney General
Randall Christianson, who has filed several extensions in the DFG's appeal
of their court loss to MF.  However we DO NOT have MF funding any way,
shape or form our cause for Legalization.  Money is raised by whatever
raffles, auctions, etc.  of the people of California.  We do however get
some donations and contributions from people on this FML digest.  I'd
hardly say we are well funded by any large entity or corporation.  It would
be a God send if we were.  DFG has filed enough appeals to keep us down.
If we had a benefactor, Domestic Ferrets would not be banned today, they
would have been legal years ago.  So if you do not live our plight, do not
assume to know more than we do.  We struggle everyday to raise money.
Jeanne Carley has issued a request for Californians, if we ever see,
receive or get any adds in our local papers of Pet stores selling supplies,
she wants it... to show that there is more Domestic Ferrets in California
now than what was originally quoted by DFG.  Jeanne Carley is our mouth
piece in Sacramento.  She is not funded by anyone but herself, as is
Ferrets Anonymous.  She is a photographer and sells her services via web
site, ads, and FML to pay her expenses to keep going.  I am really angered
when someone takes it upon themselves to know more than Californians.
Would you care to be our Benefactor and send a couple million our way to
fight our ignorant beaurocrats?  Feel free to send your funding to Ferrets
Anonymous or Californians for Ferret Legalization.