From:
Ryan Seaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 02:47:51 -0500
Proliferative bowel disease...that is what is suspected.  I looked for it
in FerretCentral but did not see it.Can someone help me?  They don't think
it is Helicobacter, and I hope not, coz the chloraphenicol they gave me
doesn't help Helicoabcter at all, or so I read at FerretCentral.  The other
vet (had to take her to an emergency clinic...only 1 open) had her on
Amoxil and a generic of Flagyl I think.  She took her meds and Pedialyte
and Nutri-Cal and the stuff like AD just fine VIA syringe.  Can you
"overPedialyte" a fuzzy?  Where can I find info on Proliferative bowel
disease.  I wansn't crazy about this clinic and am not comfortable with
them, but it's all I have until Mon a.m.  when we will CERTAINLY go back to
our OWN vet!  Meanwhile, Mama wrings her hands.  Fester was 1.6 lbs 2 wks
ago.  Then she seemed to be gaining.  She lost a lot in a couple of days...
now weighs 1.17 lbs.  And she is a yr old!  She is VERY petite and I have
accepted that, but after this I am shooting for getting her at 5 lbs.  by
March! :-)  Anyway, any info I can get for the weekend is helpful.  Thanks
for helping us.

Ryan (too tired to add cute stuff here....almost 3 a.m. and time to try
to feed her again)