From:
Kelli Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 08:24:20 -0800
Hello all,
I have a 5 1/2 yr old MF female who is a recent addition to my family.  She
had had most of her right adrenal gland removed a year prior to my caring
for her.  One month ago I noticed a swollen vulva and took her to the vet.
We did the blood work, and everything pointed to a reacurrance of the
adrenal problem.  Not long after, we made arrangements for surgery.
Surprisingly nothing was found.  There was no growth on the left adrenal or
a reaccurance on the right.  Neither, was there a mass to be found
anywhere.  Her vet was very suprised, as was I, and has contacted a couple
of other knowledgable vets in the field.  It looks like we will take some
blood in a couple a months and monitor her in that way.  If she begins to
feel ill, we'll talk about persuing med's.  She has recovered from her
surgery beautifully and is back to her adventurous self, even gaining a bit
of weight.  I'm curious if anyone out there has had this experience, or has
any advise to give.

Thanks in advance.