From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:26:01 -0500
Well, I picked up those 3 fuzzies last night from the former 'shelter'
operator.  Things are worse than I thought on several levels.  I have been
trying to get some answers about their background today, but not having
much luck.  Will deal with that.

My concern is the fact that up until just weeks ago, this person was
running a 'shelter'.  If this was the shelter, I would hate the see the
bowels of hell the ferrets were rescued from!!!  Up until last night, I've
had wonderful experiences with shelters in my area (Southeastern PA).  I've
adopted from two and made wonderful, supportive contacts at several others.
To sum it up, they are wonderful, caring, giving people.  Last night, was a
different story though.  I've made some calls and sent e-mails to people
locally who I think can help with this problem.  I am a ferret owner, not a
shelter operator, but I did not want these 3 fuzzies being handed off to
some 'person' seeing them as a great free gift for the holidays.

Anyway, here I am to say, okay maybe we need to rethink our reaction to
Bob's comments about shelters.  Yep, I found one that was definitely a
collection, she stopped 'rescuing' because she no longer had room to keep
more!  I found her when I was searching for my latest adoptee fuzz, but she
did not want to adopt anyone out, because she likes to keep them after
caring for them!  Okay, I understand that, but...... The living conditions
were terrible and this city rowhouse was overwhelmed with all types of
animals.  I'll let everyone know what happens.

I posted last week to say thanks to PA Ferret Rescue for our latest little
doll (renamed Snowflake).  I am posting today to say that yes there are
some pretty bad conditions out there, at least this one shelter.  Guess Bob
knew what he was talking about after all!

Best wishes to everyone for a happy holiday,

Jen and Gang