From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 11:03:00 -0400
Hi, Stephan,

>We've put them together a few times and for the most part they seem to get
>along great but after awhile they start fighting.  I'm not sure if this is
>play fighting or not cause I haven't really seen more than one ferret
>together before so I'm not sure if I should let it go on or not.  Our
>Lasher is like 4 times bigger than Emaleth so he definetly has the
>advantage in any fights.

Seven weeks ago I brought home a five week old chocolate named Romana.  She
is still tiny, and way smaller than our next smallest ferret, my roommate's
Ryo-Ohki, who weighs all of 1.14 pounds.  She is also, by far, the most
aggressive ferret in our business.  She will jump on Adric's back, and
Adric is a five pound male, and just bite and tear at his neck to get him
to wrestle with her. :)

Play fighting, wrestling, and establishing dominance are all normal for
ferrets.  Unless Lasher draws blood, or their are obvious marks on
Emaleth's neck or elsewhere where she's been bitten, then she is fine and
this is normal ferret behavior.  Let them sort it out among themselves :)
Let them play I suspect they'll be fine.

We have seven ferts in the house.  All wrestle, fight, and play, and the
sleep together in the same hammock or clean each other's ears.

Is this the most common question for new owners or what?  Yep, I asked it
too :)

Good luck, and congratulations on your new addition,
Caity

Caitlyn M. Martin                                     [log in to unmask]
http://www.caitys-world.com

"Good grief, man!  It's as simple as Einstein's special
theory of relativity!"
         - Dr. Who, as portrayed by Jon Pertwee