From:
Rachel Ripley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:53:57 -0500
Helloe everyone!
I haven't written in awhile, works been hectic.

About 3 months ago we got a new ferret.  She was in a pet shop in Columbus
OH.  The place was clean but the kid working there was a jerk.  He said she
was a bitter and really bad, but as soon as we let her out she ran up my
arm and licked my ears.  Needless to say I fell in love with her and our
family grew to two ferrets, two cats, and an aquarium full of fish.  But
there have been some problems.  May is quite a handfull.  She likes to
terrorize the kitties, and sometimes with Gus (older ferret).  Maybe its
just because she's young, we don't really know how old she is.  I was
wondering if anybody had any advice.  We wanted to give her away, but I
think it would be better for her to stay in a stable home.  She was given
back to the pet shop once already.  I heard females are usually wilder.
Is that true?  She is such a sweetheart at times, but other times shes a
terror.  Is there any way to calm her down, or will she grow out of it.
She's little but she can sure hold her own in our zoo.

I would possilby consider giving her away, only if they prosmissed to keep
her forever.  But i really don't know if I want to part with her.

Any sugestions?

Please e-mail me directly, as I don't get to read this as much as I'd like
to.  Thanks for all your help.

Rachel
TC-SO
Lucy, Tim- Kitties