From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:32:01 -0500
The response to our photo contest has been underwhelming, to say the least.
Although, I must say that the FML'ers have responded much better than our
very own locals.

Perhaps we picked the wrong time of the year for this.  I thought we did it
around the same time last year, when the response was great, but I could be
wrong on the timing.  A month or so either way would make a big difference
with the holidays so close.

As it stands right now, if we don't get more entries, we won't even take in
enough to cover the prizes.  Not a very good thought, to say the least.  In
an attempt to pull this out of the hole, we've decided to extend the
contest deadline one week.  if you had any thoughts of entering your
ferret into this contest, please do so!  If you've e-mailed photos to me
but haven't sent in the entry fee yet (about 4 people) please consider
completing your entry!

Here's the details on the contest, one last time:

Now your fuzzy friend can find fame and fortune!  Just rustle up your best
ferret foto and submit it to:

The South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
PO Box 570927, Miami Florida 33257-0927

Entry fee is $5.00 per photo entered and all proceeds go directly to help
the ferrets in our care.

         WINNING PHOTOS WILL APPEAR
         IN MODERN FERRET MAGAZINE!

AND LOOK AT THE PRIZES YOU CAN WIN!

1st Place - Condo Cage w/Custom Commode(tm) from "For Ferrets Only"

2nd Place - Custom bedding for your ferrets cage, by Carin Riley.
            A $100 value!

3rd Place - Photo Album with a handcrafter Ferritsie(tm) on the cover

And 2 honorable mentions will get a handmade "Ferret Fuzzie" also by Carin
Riley.  Ferret Fuzzies are "blankies for your babies."

In addition to appearing in Modern Ferret Magazine, winning photos will be
featured on our shelter's web site and at "For Ferrets Only."

HURRY!  Entries must be received by December 24, 1998.  All photos must be
of entrant's own personal ferret.  Please send clear copies as PHOTOS
CANNOT BE RETURNED.

NOTE: photos in digital form may be e-mailed to [log in to unmask] but
the entry fee will have to follow in the mail.  If you use a MAC, save
graphic in format that is readable by a PC.

Photos will be judged by the officers of the South Florida Ferret Club and
Rescue on January 3rd, and winners will be notified ASAP.

Officers of SFFC&R and their families are not eligible.