Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:46:19 -0800
Today I saw two of my ferrets do very cute things.  Well, okay, they always
do cute things...but these, I'd never seen before:

First, I was feeding Grover his duck soup as usual, except I his normal
feeding place (safe from the other hungry kids!) was obstructed by some
housecleaning I couldn't move, so I gave him a placemat and plunked him
right down on the kitchen table with his bowl.  Worked just fine...except
I decided to try a variation and drizzled a tiny amount (less than 1/4
teaspoon) of ferretone on the surface of the soupbowl...he loved it!!  But
the funny/cute part about it was that I guess the addition of ferretone
changed the food's status, in his mind, from "food" to "treat", so he had
to STEAL it instead of hang out hovering over the food bowl.  So....he
grabbed a *huge* mouthful, looked around (I watched the whole thing) and,
lacking better places to hide, darted across the kitchen table to the mug
tree where I have a bunch of collectable mugs hanging.  He chose the one
facing him, stuck his head inside the mug, and chowed down.  I now have a
pumpkin-shaped mug with drips of ferret-soup all over its inside.... <BG>

Second, I snuck a banana chip to my baby Satinka (14 weeks) in the cage
(OK, I am /such/ a sucker!) but I guess she wasn't hungry...but she went
to all the bother of scrambling OUT of the top hammock, onto the 2nd floor
(eschewing the 3rd floor in favor of a long SLIIINNNK), bounded across
another hammie and sleeping fuzzie to the 1st floor (first floor over the
ground level) to their main food bowl...and then very carefully laid the
banana chip into the precise center of the bowl!  It was SOOOO cute!  Then
she hopped back up all the levels to the top of the cage and kissed me
through the wire until I just had to take her out and love on her for a
while (even tho I was rather late for work already....)

Fuzzies...gotta love 'em!!!

Megan