From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:36:43 PST
I attend an Episcopal Church in Fairbanks called St Matthews.  We to
celebrate The Feast of St Francis with the blessing of the animals.  It was
moved ahead this year to account for the cold weather so I missed it.  We
also have a midnight compline service every night as sort of a quiet way to
end the day and about 4 days ago I decided to take Maggie Waggles who was
diagnosed with cancer to the service with me.  On that night it happened to
be only Father Scott and myself.  He remembered blessing Maggie a few years
ago and I explained why we were there.  To know Father Scott is like
knowing what I feel Jesus would be like.  He was so gentle with my Maggie
and said special prayers for her then he annointed her with Healing Oil.
He even supposed that there might have been a ferret nestled near the
manger on that Christmas night so long ago.  He healed my spirit that night
and helped me to accept the will of God if Maggie were not to make it.

Well Maggie died last night but as she left my arms she was already being
cradeled by her Creator and I am sure that He held her in His loving
embrace as He does with all His creatures.

I still miss Roxie but the pain was still so fresh that when Maggie died it
has made it so much harder to accept.  I just miss the little heart light
so much.  She was my gentle Grandma baby.  I am having her cremated
tomorrow and when I feel I can part with her I will spread her ashes on our
property wher the sun shines down onto the trees by day and the moon and
stars and glorious Aurora Borealis by night.  She can dance with the Aurora
and play leap frog with the stars.

Rest my little Maggie and I promice to see you some day.

                                 Diana