From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:09:53 -0600
Regarding the post about hiccups, Lucy gets them all the time!  It really
looks funny.  Ferretone usually helps get rid of them.

I bought the girls the long, clear plastic tube for X-Mas.  To make it more
interesting, I tied two big knots in it so it is kind of like a roller
coaster effect for them when they crawl thru it.  If you have one, try it.
Mine love it!

My girlfriend brought her two boys over one day to play with the ferrets.
After they got home, she asked them if they wanted ferrets, they said "no",
they wanted to BE ferrets!  She asked them why and they said "because they
have so much fun!"

I got a picture of the fuzzy I am sponsoring from my local shelter.  His
name is Bright Eyes.  He is about 4 1/2 years old, was apparently abused,
and has Insulinoma.  He bites faces that get too close (he screams first).
He is a dark sable and does have bright eyes!  If any of you are unable to
add to your fuzzy family, I highly recommend sponsoring a fuzzy from your
local shelter.  I brag about him now, like I do my other two fuzzies.  The
shelter keeps the ferret and takes care of it, but you give a contribution
toward it's care and can visit and play with it anytime, and you get a
photo and (in my case) periodic updates on their condition.  Check with
your shelter to see it you can sponsor a ferret there.

There are a couple of wildlife organizations that have e-cards available
with photos of endangered species, but neither of them have one of the
black-footed ferret, When I inquired about it, they both said they would
love to include one with their collection but they don't know where to get
a photo of a BBF.  If anyone knows of a photo that these organizations can
use for their e-cards (that WE can use also - they are free) please let me
know and I will let them know.

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies;
Lucy  (Ferrets just wanna have FUN!!!)
Greta  (How come I can't get into the dresser anymore, Mom? Didn't you
like the way I re-organized it for you?)

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"