From:
Marsha Stanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:11:16 -0600
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ela Heyn, Judith White , and
Georgia Wood for their time and effort in compiling the Save Our Shelter
Lists and finding ways to raise money.

I also encourage folks to sign up with UNIDIAL and1% of their monthly
internet bill, 2% of long distance and intrastate phone bill, and 1% of
calling card bills go to the FML Shelter Fund.  And the rates are great!!
I signed up with them about six months ago and my long distance bill has
never been so small.  Email Judith White at [log in to unmask] for more
details.  They also offer ferret coloring books and a booklet for the
grocery store coupons of your choice to support shelters.

I also want to thank all the shelter operators that work so hard all year
to take care of ferrets,, nurse them through illnesses, mourn the ones that
don't make it, and try to find good homes for the adoptable ferrets.  To
all of you - please do whatever you can to help our shelters.

And of course - thanks to BIG - for making the FML possible.  We are very
fortunate to have such a great resource.  It really makes us part of an
international ferret community.  There are some petty personal things that
go on once in awhile, and obviously, when there are thousands of
personalities involved - this will happen.  But, when this community unites
and takes up an issue - it is incredible.  Our poor Kodo last year caused
the change of the Rabies Compendium, some city and state officials and
televisor networks have been blown away by the response of the ferret
community.  We can bring about great things when we work together.

And I thank whatever force (my son bringing home an unwanted ferret) was
responsible several years ago for making me absolutely sappy about ferrets.
They have become a number one priority in my life and I couldn't love the
little stinkers more.