From:
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 21:45:29 -0800
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the new Tualatin PetsMart is now
ferret kits in their store.  They are a "test" store to see how they go
over.  I guess I am real irritated because when you walk into PetsMart they
proudly emphases that they do not carry puppies and kittens because there
are already so many homeless animals in shelters.  I guess they haven't
done their homework.  Since the ferret is now the 3rd largest companion
pet, where do they think all of the cast off are going?  Most Humane
Societies do not take ferrets or turn them over to private shelters.  They
have an adopt-a-pet center but you have to be a 501c3 to use it.  So, if
you are a shelter and would like to voice your opinion to PetsMart, please
write your comments to PetsMart, 19601 N 27th avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027.
We already have our hands full with Scamps and Petco!

Chris Mathis
Oregon Ferret Shelter
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network Coordinator