From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 06:51:06 -0800
Ferret proofing a home is indeed a chore in itself, I have things propped
up, put up, shoved up and closed.  I have all my plants put up..minus the
one Chandler helped relieve itself from its container, which is ok I
guess..the cats were doing a number on the leaves anyway..  :( I cleaned
out the fireplace the second day he was home, keeping him out was not an
option, since snuffling through soot looked SOOOOO appealing..wont be
having any fires this winter.

I wont be having an couch hiding/eating ferrets either..I have futons,
yeahh.

I found 2 holes along the underside of the kitchen cabinets..which I shoved
about 6 dish towels into..temporary solution I know..but if he is in the
kitchen for more than 2 minutes he is either trying to dig out the towels
or is swimmin' in the cats water bowl..though I am going to have to get the
heavy dog food bowls because invariably, once a day, there is soggy cat
food ALL over the kitchen floor.  Then I came across a new
dilemma..Chandler, 2 weeks ago, could not get into the cats high top liter
box, well he has grown some, and I caught him BURIED UP TO HIS EARS in the
litter, having a blast, so I retrieved him, picked litter out of his
ferrety little nose and rinsed off the "cat litter" smell, thank goodness I
had just cleaned it!  Apparently he loves to dig, I know this, I live in
Washington, taking him outside to dig in the mud is not an option for
me..maybe I will have to get a tray of dirt for him.  So now I have to keep
the bathroom door shut and my cats will have to practice bladder control.
Instead of trying to ferret proof my sons room..I just keep it closed.  He
can go in my room because I took the bed frame away..didn't want a squished
fert, he has a blast in there..so many shoes to explore, he has not figured
out the dresser is a good place to sleep yet, my ferret of years ago was an
avid fan of my ummm, "sock" drawer.  And last but I AM SURE NOT least, I
posted a sign on the front door and threatend lives, to check for ferret
before opening door.  I think so far my bases are covered.

Happy holidays from June and Niko and
"awww mom, the cat box IS the best place to dig" Chandler