From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:34:02 EST
First I want to thank all those who sent me the much needed information.I
now have a copy of the compendium,if I ever need it for other than an
article.I hope not,but better to be prepared.Thanks again guys.

I have never bred ferrets,but bred Korat cats for 20 years,so I have seen
the inside and outside of breeding business(sorry).There are good and bad
in every part of life,breeding and shelters also.There's never all good(to
bad) or all bad.I can guarantee that other animals go through the same
thing,bad breeders,bad shelters.For those that are good,bless them,we need
more like them,so do the fuzzies.All the time I was breeding,I never once
made a profit.My profit was finding the right home for the baby.Once in a
while that was at no charge,because I liked the people.I got out of the
breeding business,since hubbys retirement means half as much money and
twice as much husband.I do however still promote the breed,as well as
ferrets,since I want people to know the joy of owning one.

It was hard for me to find qualified people for my babies.They never seemed
to be where I was.I did have one lady call 15 years later looking for
another kitten,since the first she got from me was getting old.Had to tell
her I quit,but gave her a recommendation for another breeder.We do have a
breed rescue,and push those guys whenever possible.Best Friends Animal
Sanctuary is one of the places they go,can't get much better than
that.Getting off the subject here,but the point is there is good and bad
all over,and we just have to work to eliminate the bad.Not necessarily the
people,maybe just the practices.Alot of good people can get in over their
heads and not know how to get out.Someone needs to point out the path back
to the light,and the best way is to do it without them knowing it's being
done.With any luck a few might recognize themselves and start to
improve.Make it so.

Sandy,3 approving ferts,and 9 yea that's right kitty's

Hey Millie,that sounds like the new movie of the summer.Couch Chainsaw
Massacre.With a supporting cast of ferts.