From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 23:34:13 -0500
>From:    John Hill <[log in to unmask]>
>KAREN, you STOLE my idea!!!

Well, all I can say is (ahem):

NEENER NEENER NEENER!!!

;-D

>LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing...EXACTLY...I guess this design
>is simple enough for many people to think up.  HOw many of you on the list
>has come up witht eh same design?

I am not surprised you thought of it also.  I thought it was sort of
obvious myself, but since no one had mentioned anything like it, I went
ahead and, with Sukie's encouragement, put it out here on the list.  I
half expected to see 6 other posts detailing the same thing.  Someone did
mention something yesterday that was very close - the idea about the 90
degree turn in the entrance is based on the same sort of thinking.

If anyone tries the box, let us all know how you like it and how it works
for you, in terms of ease of use, practicality, etc.  I'm not planning on
making it, because the size I'd need probably wouldn't fit into the cages.
Hammocks and blankets are so much more....squishable :)  And anyway, I'm
not convinced that it would be a cure-all...yet.  I work in immunology
research and let me tell you, when it comes to the workings of the body,
*nothing* is ever that simple.  Be nice if it was, and I'd love to be
proved wrong in this case.  I rather think it's more a combination of
several factors that tip the scales either one way or the other.

Karen
A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of
the wicked is cruel."
                                         (Proverbs 12:10 RSV)
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html