From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:12:23 -0700
I have a question about ferrets and cats playing together:

How rough is "too rough" for them when they are playing together?  I have
a six month old ferret, Sybil, and my roommate has a six month old kitten,
Marvin Bernard, who have been playing together since both were two months
old (supervised).  They seem okay, though Sybil will bite Marvin and make
him meow, though he never leaves.  Yesterday I found really small scabs on
Sybil, about 4, when I gave her a bath (I couldn't find them again when her
hair was all dry).  Is this just normal high energy baby play?  The older
ferrets, for the most part, indirectly play with Marvin but don't rough and
tumble like Sybil does (she'll try and tackle him from the couch).

Has anyone else had the same experience with ferrets and kittens?  They
appear to be playing just like two baby ferrets or two kittens.  They
clearly enjoy each other's company...maybe I'm just a little nervous b/c
she's my first baby I've raised....

Minta