Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:53:42 -0500
From:
"Hudson, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Half of this is coming to me through the grapevine, but I was recently
called by a friend of a friend about 2 ferrets that 'might' need to be
placed in a home.  One is a very young, healthy outgoing sable female (I
know this one myself) and the other was described as middle aged white
(guessimated at 3.5) who is pretty laid back, but is underweight.  The
sable has all shots, I don't think the other does.  The sable female has
a beautiful coat and gets along pretty well with other ferrets (mine to be
exact), I've never met the other, but was told that they have been sleeping
together for about a month.

The story with these ladies is that the owner is a single mom going to
college and working part time.  He father passed away and her mom needed
the help, so she moved back home.  Everything was fine for the past 6
months and just 1 month ago, she took in the white female that someone had
'found'.  These girls spend their confined time in her bathroom, but the
sable has stayed with me and is fine with being in a cage.  Anyway, an
aunt decided she would be the better person to be a caregiver for the mom
and let's just say she is not a very nice person and in the least hates
animals.  The woman was pretty much ignoring the aunt, but twice recently
the ferrets came up 'missing', once to be found in the basement and the
other time on the back porch.  She is terrified of what this lovely aunt
might do to get rid of the ferrets.  Her mom is elderly and the last thing
this woman wants is to upset her more by starting problems with the aunt.
She asked me if I could take them, but I'm pretty full and might be moving
soon.  If anyone is interested in them, I will be happy to drive or meet
you.

The cat was a stray that kinda adopted us, but has not taken to my
daughter's kitten.  She is great with the ferrets and enjoys playing with
them, but does not appear to do well with other cats.  She does have all
her shots (I know, I paid for them!!).  If anyone would like a ferret
friendly kitty, let me know.  She is a beautiful orange tiger with a
wonderful sweet, extremely lovable personality.  She had a name tag
(Chelsea), but no owner info when she appeared.  She answers to her name
and loves to be petted.  She may have been mistreated because she tends to
act afraid when there is any commotion.

If anyone would like more info about any of these guys, let me know.

We are in Chester County, Pennsylvania, but I could meet someone who is
a bit farther away.  Thanks!

Jen and Gang