Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:08:51 -0500
From:
Penny wrote:
>From:    Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Help Need Info
>I write this note to ask for some help on writing an article on the
>deafness of the ferret.  Several times in the past I have read where the
>ferret with the blaze or with a white head goes deaf before any others.
>I have been searching for websites with information about this subject and
>have had no luck.

Penny the material you are searching for has been published in
"Reproduction and Inheritance of the ferret", author Fara Shimbo

This publication is available thrrough FerretWare at
www.ferretware.com

The genetic anomoly which you are seeking to learn about is Waardensburg
Syndrome which affects a percentage of the colmira patterened ferrets
( blaze, panda, DEW).  Hope this helps.  Also Waardensburg syndrome also
effects humans.

fondly in ferrets,

alicia

Ferret Wise volunteer