Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 19:19:34 -0500
From:
Hubby and I were curled up watching Larry King last night ... The
fuzzieswere tucked in dreaming of Ferretvite.  Mr. King's guest of the
eveningwas "animal expert" Jack Hanna (associated with The Columbus Zoo).

Jack had brought along his usual menagerie of animals, including skunks,
sugargliders, cougars (which dang near caused Mr. King to have yet another
coronary ...) and as usual, some very good information on all the animals.

Then Mr. King asked: "What about ferrets as pets?  I hear they are terrible
pets."

Jack Hanna hesitated, then said that people who want to own ferrets need to
know a lot about them.  Then proceeded to tell Mr. King that awhile ago in
Columbus, a family left a baby sleeping in a crib and went outside and
while they were gone their pet ferret "distroyed" the baby.  He said he'd
recommed people "learn" about ferrets before getting one.

I was livid!  Jack Hanna has obvious never been around ferrets.  Yes,
people should learn about ferrets before adopting one, but what a HORRIBLE
story to use as an example.  Up until that moment I had a great deal of
respect for Mr. Hanna.

*fume* How many people saw that and will recoil in horror everytime the
word ferret is mentioned?  Terrible publicity for all those trying to
further the cause of ferrets.  A very poor example from someone who has
supposedly dedicated his life to furthering the cause of all animals.

ASIDE FROM THAT ... Hope you all had a wonderful, fuzzy-filled Christmas.
We experienced the joy of trying to open gifts with the help of eight
expert package distroyers.  :o)

All the best, Tonia & David and the Eight Elves of distruction.