Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:46:09 EST
From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Hey gang -

Regarding the post of Dec 11 regarding the FerreTrail new line of cages.  I
have one of my own.  I experienced a similar problem of "escapes" with my 2
smallest ferts Furrice and Sprite (hmmm, both albino females ?  Correlation
here??).  They all seemed to love the cage, so I did not want to return it.

On mine, which is actually 2 cages secured together, the bars at the top &
bottom of each section is spaced larger then the others.  As the bottom of
the base cage fits into a plastic tray, it is of no real concern.  The top
bars of the base section and the topb and bottom bars of the top section do
leave room for a small fert to crawl through.

Fortunately I do a lot of maintenance work at an apartment complex and have
access to a variety of materials.  I was able to locate some strips of
colored plastic, about 1"wide and 5' long.  The material is similar to the
strips on venetion blinds, but a little thicker.  I "wove" the strips
between the verical bars on the sections I was concerned with and secured
the ends together using glue.

Now it looks a little decorated and I don't have to worry about the escapes.
Check with local hardware stores to see what materials you can come up with.
Be very cautious to check for shape edges though.

I have been in touch with the manufacturer about this.  The cages are a
new product.  Perhaps if more people write in about their concerns,
modifications can be made to the design.

Address is :      SUPER PET     / PETS INTERNATIONAL, LTD
                        2605 S. CLEARBROOK DRIVE
                        ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL     60005
PHONE (847) 956-1130        FAX (847) 956-8513

Kevin B and the ~~Silly~Slinky~Seven~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Hershey~Lacy~Socks~Sprite~Cuddles~
~Fur-Angel Lady~   ~Petey (just dookin' through)~   and Kimo the Sumo Cat