Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:19:34 EST
From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Here is what's happened with my adrenal ferrets.I've had two so far(quite
enough for me),both were MF,female,sable,and 3.5 years at onset.It was
like here we go again with Jasmine.Chelsea,my first ferret,didn't make it
through a second surgery.Jasmine is doing great,after the first.They both
lived in the bathroom,that has no outside windows,so when the lights off,
all light ceases.They also slept in a cat bed with a back on it,in the
cupboard.What the heck,they wouldn't leave anything in there anyway.There
is a sleepsack lined with fleece in the bed.It's hard to tell a sable from
a silver even when you open the sleep sack,so darkness wasn't a problem.
Even though they're free roam,they spend at least 14 hours a day sleeping.
The one that does sleep in the livingroom, sometimes, is almost 7 and only
had mast cell tumors at age six.This is of course a very small sample,but I
don't think light had to much to do with their problem.

I also believe that every child is different.My grandson was raised around
fuzzbutts and learned early not to grab.Thanks to Taz,who would pinch,but
not bite,he learned quickly.The other two were no help,as they would just
grin and ferret,so to speak.Calvin would grab Taz's tail,and Taz would turn
around and grab Calvins hand,holding it in his mouth.It was a standoff.Taz
would look at Calvin and Calvin would look at Taz,and then both would let
go and that was it.Now that Taz has taught Calvin ferret manners,they are
bestest buddies.You should see the mob scene when Calvin has cereal for
breakfast.They seem to know that 4 year olds are messy.C'mon kid drop those
cheerios.Calvin is a soft touch too.He can always be counted on to share
food.I have to watch those two,because Taz always gets a few extra treats,
and if I'm not careful they're headed to the kitchen for the raisins.I
think Taz communicates telepathically with Calvin.Both just get up together
and head off in the same direction,so I follow to see what mischief they're
up to.Well,this is getting long.Talking about my favorite subject always
does that to me,but we'll let someone else get a word in edgewise.

Hug your fuzzies.
Sandy and 3 Ferreteers