Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 16:19:55 -0700
From:
Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
rescued, special-needs ferrets to England in four months:]

England has very strict rules regarding animal control.  For some reason I
don't understand the fact that their country is an island makes the British
especially careful when it comes to animal-borne communicable illnesses.
For whatever reason, pets -- even vaccinated ones -- are typically subjected
to a long quarantine period before being allowed into the country.  This
means they are locked in cages offshore for weeks.  I do not know their
policy regarding visitation; since ferrets absolutely cannot remain locked
in cages for long periods of time, I suppose they would have to make some
sort of concession.

There are many ferret enthusiasts in England, so I'm sure you'll get better
and more specific information from one of them.  I thought I should warn
you, however, that the news might not be as good as hoped.  Please let me
know how it goes.  Best of luck to you and your special-needs fuzzies.

-Brandon
+ Baldrick (who wouldn't mind a spot of tea as long as it came with those
yummy RAISIN cakes!)