Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:55:42 +1100
From:
Beck & PJ <[log in to unmask]>
G'Day all,

I haven't written to the list before this one.  Just a quick one on me and
my family will be at the end of this mail if your interested.

First a note on small children.  I do believe that every child is different
with any type on animal, I never let visiting children and friends of my
old roommates three children play with my babies - I'd let them pet them
and let them watch them play, just to know what my fuzzies were about.  My
roommates kids were ages 2/3/5.  They learned slowly how to play with the
ferrets and the ferrets learned how to play with them.  Peuter used to
chase them around the house as tag.  With in a few weeks the middle child
would carefully pick one the ferrets up and it would ride on her shoulder
for a while.  She became more ferret then child.  That situation lasted
about 2 years and to this day when my fuzzy's hear kids they are up and
about trying to find there play mates.  It takes alot of patience and time
to get kids used to animals and vice versa - I think it's a great mix if
they are ALWAYS supervised carefully and the kids and ferrets learn how to
react to eachother.  That's just my two cents.

The next note on the disturbing information about wrong information being
given on a web page about breeding ferrets.  The URL listed did not work
on my end (not the right address??) - could someone post the URL again or
let me know how to find it.  I'm not a breeder so the stuff about feeding
solids to kits - I'm insure of.  I am certain that if a female is left in
season without breeding of some sort she can die.  There is an injection
that brings them out of heat as well.  This is not a old wives tail.  The
estrogen 'overload' in there body creates aplastic anemia.  I rescued an
unwanted sick little girl about 3 weeks ago that went to the vet
immediately after i picked her up - she died 2 days later.  She was too
weak for a blood transfusion that can usually be done to save them, her
owners were not aware that she needed to be fixed and the little one payed
the highest price for a breeder not giving the proper information.
Unfortunatly I haven't been able to find the breeder.  How could someone
think this is an old wives tail?  Any ideas?

Info on my family - My partner and I are temporily in Australia.  My boys
in Canada are being fuzzy sat on Vancouver Island at Convenstead ferret
breeder and shelter, by Mia.  And we all greatly appreciate the loving care
they are getting in the hands of Auntie Miracle.  I lost my girl in July to
adrenal tumours, and one of my boys has possible cancer but is too weak for
exploratory surgery to find out what it is.  Mia is working her magic until
mom gets back.

While in Australia my partner and I are working with Ferret Paws in
Melbourne looking after the ferrets that are abused.  Right now we have
Liam ( sable, 2 yrs, neutered) - two months ago would leave a hole in you
for looking at him and now he curls up on your lap to sleep.  Anyone in the
Melbourne area of Aussi - Liam is ready for that loving home he deserves.
Liam also has Old Pal (black-eyed white) right now, about 5 years old and
once chewed by a dog, he's recovered from a punchered lung and other stuff
and won honerable mention at a ferret show over the weekend.

Merry Christmas to all and keep in mind all those fuzzies without hugs as
the new year rolls around.

PJ