From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 12:02:38 -0500
Hi all.  Have not had time in a while to read or reply to fml-sorry!  I
have missed it.  Boy, did I have an interesting holiday!  The week before
Xmas, my 2 weasels (you all remember McKyle & Merlin!) both had crises of
sorts, 4 days apart.

1. Merlin's vaccine reaction.  Went in for vaccines at Dr. Kemmerer's
hospital.  Merly had anaphylactic shock reaction to canine distemper
vaccine, including vomiting white gummy stuff, and bloody projectile
diarrhea, etc.-the works.  Dr. K.  told me it was the worst vaccine
reaction she personally had ever seen.  That scared me!  But because Dr. K.
is so great, she was able to save my Merlin!  He spent the night with her,
and came home looking like hell-with shaved, bruised arms and a cut-down
from the IV catheter.  But he made it, and he's OK now!  Thank you Dr. K!!!
You're our hero!

2. McKyle's Great Escape.  The weasel weaseled his way under our kitchen
cabinets, through a hole in baseboard next to the dishwasher.  Was in there
for 45 minutes with kitchen chemicals, filthy dirt, and who knows what else
(Hey it's an apartment, ok) and would NOT come out no matter how much
ferretone was offered.  I was panicking.  Finally we beat a hole in the
side wall of the kitchen cabinet to weasel him out.  (I will have to weasel
up a story to tell the maintenance man about that-especially since ferrets
aren't allowed here!)  We eventually figured out he was ok-though we
couldn't get ahold of a vet for 4 hrs.-it was Sunday.  But BOY, was he in
trouble!

One more thing.  Early this month I did a presentation on Animal
Experimentation for my Med Law class.  Of course I talked dirty about
Marshall farms selling to labs, etc. (though that was only a small part of
my pres.).  Anyway on the final exam for the class one question was "OUT of
all the presentations made to the class (30 or so) did any one affect you
or really make you think"...or something like that.  My professor told me
all but 2 people in the class wrote about my paper & how much it opened
their eyes about animal testing, etc.  Several people have now switched
shampoos, cosmetics, etc.  Yay!!