From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:16:53 -0500
Hi everyone!

Salem, one of our kids was just diagnosed with a Thymoma.  In layman's
terms, it's a tumor in the chest cavity that grows and grows and grows
until it occupies the entire chest not allowing the heart or lungs to work.
The only option is open chest surgery since Chemo has NO effect on this
type of tumor.

Salem is having his surgery Jan 6 1999.  I was wondering if any other
ferret parents out there have had this or a similar open chest surgery done
before and if so, what can I expect?  Salem means a lot to me and I want
what's best for him.  Unfortunately 4 vets all confirm surgery is the only
way for him or he will die in 4 months.  After surgery, he'll be able to
live the rest of his life out.

Just looking for a bit of moral support.  This is a hard one for me :o)

Love, Randy
The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick