From:
Donna Micari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:31:46 -0500
I hope everyone had a happy holiday!

I have a funny story: On Christmas my parents and I went over my brother
and his wife's house for dinner.  My brother asked me about my three
ferrets and then he asked me if they eat mice.  I said, "Mine don't, but
some people feed their ferrets mice." He cut in with, "Well, they can't
eat mice because they're related to them." I said, "They're not rodents,
they're weasels!" He looked confused, so my father said, "Like polecats or
ermine."  "Oh right," brother says, "they're wild polecats!"  So I told him
that analogy is like calling his dog a wolf because they're both canines.
"No," he insists "ferrets are not domesticated."  So I told him how ferrets
were domesticated before cats.  "I don't believe that," says brother.
"Ferrets are not domesticated -- they are wild animals."

At that point I couldn't take it anymore, so I said, "Now you're just
showing what an ignorant jerk you are." Brother looked like he would say
something, but my father cut in and said, "Don't ever argue with Donna when
it comes to ferrets -- she's always right and she doesn't take any crap!"
Way to go Dad!

Donna,
Jethro, EllieMae, and Gillian (We're wild weasels!)