From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:42:48 EST
I'm very glad to tell everyone that we brought Jitterbug home today and she
is doing atleast 90% better.  She had been staying at the vets since
Saturday, and was very excited to see me.  When we brought her home, she
couldn't wait to get out of the pet taxi, and Fuggles and Dixie (the dogs)
were giving her wet kisses through the cage.  I had her out for an hour
tonight, and she ran around investigating all of the new Christms presents.
She dragged off her mom's mitten under the bed and played in the sheets for
almost 20 minutes.  When I put her back in her cage, she ate a good deal of
food and is now dreaming in her sleepingbag.

The vet called tonight to tell us about her condition.  He said that her
stools had continued to be very loose and mucousy, but they got better
today.  He gave her barium to check for a blockage, first without x-ray.
The barium went right through her, which is a sign that she does not have a
blockage.  They did a culture on her stool, and she has a reaction to the
Septra she was taking.  He is now having us give her .3 cc of Cefadroxil,
every 12 hours for 10 days.  We will keep an eye on her, and if she has any
more problems the vet is going to double-check with an x-ray.

I'd also like to thank everyone who e-mailed me with their suggestions.
You've all really helped us a lot, and I'll keep all of your advice in
mind.

-Mickey and her Jitter Critter