From:
Michelle Hammett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 11:02:34 EST
Greetings all and Happy Holidays,

I'm a new ferret owner, only about a week or so now.  I've done tons of
research on my little fuzzy before I even purchased her, but it seems her
personality goes against everything I've read about them, and trust me i
think I've read it ALL.  Here's my delima.

I've made an effort to make all of the toys that I've read ferrets like.  I
was careful not to introduce any of them to her until she explored to her
little hearts content, but I've left them available to her (one or two at
a time) and she's completely uninterested in any of them.  Socks, tunnels,
balls hanging on a string and just laying on the floor, a box filled with
balls, if it's written anywhere, I've tried it.  The only thing she really
enjoys doing is digging down into the couch, nipping at me during play and
playing with the cords that hang from the blinds, which I'm not very
comfortable with.  I'm out of ideas though.  Unless I'm playing with her
she wants to sleep.  Is that normal?

Also, i put a bell around her neck so that I would be able to keep up with
her (she moves so fast), but she keeps pulling her legs through the collar
until it's wraped around her midsection, pretty tightly I might add.  I've
read that the collar should be loose enough to slip over her head should it
get caught on something, but leaving it that loose also leaves rooms for
her legs to get through it.  I really need that bell on her so does anyone
have any ideas?

Until next time....
Michelle and Rajia ~ "Yeah yeah, cuddle cuddle....now let me GO!"