From:
Stephan Nobert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:34:29 -0500
HI, I'm not really new to this list but I have never written anything for
it before.  I guess I'll start by telling you a bit about myself and my
ferrets.  I live in Toronto Ontario with my girlfriend and we own two
ferrets ( Lasher and Emaleth)  We got Lasher about 3 months ago and just
love him to death.  He's a cinnamon colored male about 4 1/2 months and
we've grown to love him so much.  He's also our first ever ferret so we had
lots to learn when we first got him but I think that we can handle him a
lot better especially with articles I've read from this mailing list.  Our
second ferret is Emaleth.  She's the smallest ferret I've ever seen and we
just got her today.  She's a chocalate colored female and our new additon
to our family.  We got her a smaller cage cause we weren't sure how Lasher
would take her.  We've put them together a few times and for the most part
they seem to get along great but after awhile they start fighting.  I'm not
sure if this is play fighting or not cause I haven't really seen more than
one ferret together before so I'm not sure if I should let it go on or not.
Our Lasher is like 4 times bigger than Emaleth so he definetly has the
advantage in any fights.  But when they are fighting Lasher seems to not be
biting her to hard cause she doesn't complain or anything.  The only time
she does is if he's holding her down for a lengthly period of time and some
times it looks like he is biting her hard.  I hope that they will get along
great but for now I'm kinda keepinng them apart and when we have them
together we supervise them lots.  If anyone can give me some info about how
to properly introduce my new ferret to the older one I'd really appreciate
it.  Thanks

Stephan