From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 14:44:52 -0800
I am writing this note for a friend that lost her bestfriend on Wednesday
afternoon.  I had just received a note from her telling me all of the
things Snickers had been doing along with the other to little ones.
Snickers was her first ferret, a small, mischievious, happy baby.  She
then received Mandy as a friend for Snickers and they got along from the
first minute.  Then she took 2 little ones that had been turned into me
because she fell in love again.  Then I received another note 5 hours later
with the subject of Heart so sad.  She then told me that she had checked on
the kids at lunch and when she got home at 5pm from work she looked for her
little girl.  She found her in her box that she had been sleeping in, not
breathing.  She said she picked her up and she was cold.  Bonnie blames
herself for everything.  We all do.  She has come to the conclusion it was
a candy cane that Snickers found that more than likely got logged in her
throat and cut off her breathing.

The moral of this sad sad story is ....make sure you keep candy canes away
along with anything else that the little ones might think is a treat such
as tinsel, pencils, etc from your little ones.  Don't let an accident
happen to your little one during the time that is suppose to be one of the
happiest for us all.  Please Please watch them.  We all learn from our
mistakes, but this is the roughest way to do it.

My heart breaks for Bonnie & Mandie.  Mandie goes around the house looking
for Snickers.  Bonnie just cries when she knows Mandie won't find her good
friend.  Someday they will be together but hopefully, not for many many
years.

Now I would like to update you on my crew.  Missy is doing great after
almost loosing her twice in 2 weeks.  The vet discovered a twisted bowel.
She is up running around like there is no tomorrow.  Flagstone made it over
a year now since we discovered Fiberlypoma.  The vet gave him 6 months if
he didn't have another surgery, but I opted to treat with Essiac tea, Red
Clover and goo.  The spot on his side where the tumor was is no bigger than
right after his surgery and the vet thinks it is scare tissue.  I am glad
that I didn't make him go through the other surgery.  He is the most
gorgeous black sable with a huge black hood.  He is a sweet as he is
beautiful.  Wuzzle is over his pneumonia and is back to his normal self.
Stormy's shoulder is totally healed and that is the way I hope it stays.
One of our big males jumped the 28" barrier and got to him before I could.
Joey, Hardaway, Tami, Smokey, Rascal, Buddy, Cisco,Samson-ite, Mickey,
Minnie, & Panda are all great.  Most of them have the their beautiful
winter coats, a couple of are stalling for some reason, maybe I keep the
house warm enough for them or it just isn't their time.

We all would like to wish all of you a very healthy, happy and restful
holiday season.  To the shelter moms and dads, thank you from the bottom of
my heart for caring after the little ones that have found their way to you.
You ARE their saving grace.  Prayers and health wishes for all of the
little ones that are ill and prayers for all of the fuzzies to stay healthy
and live a long long life.

Best wishes for the holiday and a healthy New Year
Linda, Jeff and the spoiled CA Lawbreakers