Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:32:24 PDT
I need to know how well ferrets travel on road trips.  I've had my girl,
Begbie, for about 18 months, but haven't traveled much with her.  I will be
driving about 8 hours home for the holidays and I am wondering if the trip
will be too tough on her.  I'll be spending about 2 weeks away from home
and I have a decision to make.  I can either take her with me, or I can
leave her here.  I need to decide which will be easiest on her.

If I take her, she would have the long car ride, but then she would be with
me for the 2 weeks.  She would be in a smaller cage than the one she is
used to at home, but I would still be able to let her out for a couple
hours so that she could get some exercise.

If I leave her home, she would stay in her "safe" room.  She can still come
out of her cage and play when she wants to, although I don't think she does
much playing when I'm not here.  (She's an only ferret.) I have someone
that would come spend time with her every day, but probably would not
interact with very her much.  I'm afraid that she would be very lonely.

Can anyone email me and tell me about these options and traveling with
ferrets.  I would really appreciate any suggestions.  (I'm sure Begbie
would too)

Thanks!!

Karyl & Begbie.
or reach me by ICQ# 24832458