Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:11:39 EST
Hello everyone,

Sadly this is just the latest in a series of mistakes and errors by Fancy
Publications in Ferrets or Ferrets, USA.  But I would not be so quick to
judge the author.  I've written for Fancy and seen my words edited to
completely change the meaning of what I said on at least two occasions.
I've seen it with other authors too.  So, we don't know if this was an
oversight by the author or a problem of editing, but I would strongly
recommend to other writers for Fancy Publications that they inisist that
their pieces are changed ONLY subject to review and approval by themsleves.
That is now my position with Fancy-- of course it also may mean I've
written my last piece for them, but it's better that than seeing my
comments changed into something I never intended.

I would absolutely hate to see either magazine fold up and go away.
Naturally I feel a greater kinship with Modern Ferret Magazine because of
their strong dedication to making sure that their articles are as factual
as possible, and their sensitivity to the California situation.  Fancy
has definitely some room for improvement in my opinion.  They have some
terrific authors from the ferret community that I respect very much-- the
only problem I have is that I never know if they said what they said, or if
it's been turned around in poor editing.

Jeanne Carley