From:
Ferrette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 20:11:56 -0800
Hi all!  We haven't posted in a while and are waaaay behind in reading your
posts, we hope you are all well.  We have a favor to ask.  Our hooman is
writing a research paper on ferrets and the brainwashed...er..and the
hoomans who love us.  If you have a spare few moments could you please
answer a few questions for us?

1. She's looking for info on what made each ferret owned hooman want a
ferret in the first place (other than our hypnosis).  [Keep in mind your
name will be listed in the bibliography and put in the archive of San
Antonio College.]

2. How many ferrets own you?  How long have you been their slave?

3. On average how much is spent on ferret(s) and ferret related products
per year?

4. Know any ferret myths other than the usual (they stink, are baby
killers, go feral)?

5. Do you have any links (or time to send info) our hooman could follow to
find info on the history/business<G> of ferrets?

6. Are your ferrets affectionate?  What do they do?

7. Any vets/shelters/breeders--1 & 2 what special skills did you have to
learn or how is your life different (beyond that of a ferret owned hooman)?
a. Could you give an estimate of how much you make from your business?
b. Do you know of any books or sites with history/economic information
about your business?
c. Shelters-about how many ferrets come in a year?  What does it cost per
year to run your shelter?  What is the average time a ferret stays in the
shelter?

Please email directly to [log in to unmask]

If you care to send pictures feel free.  Our hooman will incorparate
them into her report.  Especially looking for small images of hard to
finds(BEW, angora etc.) and kits.

Thanks,
Tavi, Booger, Pharaoh and Jasper....and our hooman Laura