From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:22:23 PST
Dear FML'rs,
I would like to direct this question towards any vets that may subscribe
to the list as it is from my vet.

Dr. Loibl here in Fairbanks has been treating my animals for many years and
has learned alot about ferrets in his time with me.  This past summer he
had his first go around with ECE when all mine got it.  Recently he treated
another ferret that had many of the same symptons of ECE but not a really
severe case at the onset.  He began with Childrens Kaopectate and pred.
Within 2 days the tooth grinding stopped and the slimy green poop cleared
up.  His question is have any other vets began with pred at the on set of
the illness and if so what did you see as a result?

           TTFN,
     Diana and The Ferret Farm