From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:33:13 -0500
>From:    Lara Tyminski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: One More Post
>is anyone familiar with the breeder REAL CANADIAN FERRETS?  They're in
>Roseile Manitoba Canada?  They were called something else 5 years ago, but
>the same address.  I don't know if the owners are the same.  Anyway, both
>my store bought boys came from here, but I have noticed in the pet store
>that a lot of there kits look 'stupid'.  They hold their heads funny like
>they can't see or hear, and they have small eyes....

I have two papers on Penny, my CDC ferret that Barbara Ludt took out of a
bad pet shop situation last February.  One is a card that's about 4 inches
by 8 inches.  The card is red and white striped with a Canadian flag in the
middle and is a "Certificate of spay/neuter." At the top it says "Real
Canadian Ferrets." To me, that's just a statement, like "Real Chocolate!"
on a candy bar or something.  I don't believe it is meant to be the name of
the breeder or anything.

The second paper is the certification from the vet (morden vet clinic) that
the spaying and descenting was done on a six-week old ferret on February
3rd, 1998.  The breeder is listed on this certificate as "CDC Ferrets."

Penny, by the way, seem perfectly normal to me both in body and mind, other
than the fact that she's a little more hyper than my Marshall Farms guys.
Then again, I haven't had a ferret under two years old in almost 10 years
so I may just be forgetting what they're like.

One other thing that's different about Penny is that she will eat ANYTHING.
She almost always shares my lunch and dinner with me.  Of course I only
give her portions of whatever meat I may have, but she's not picky and
would eat pizza, spaghetti, or whatever she can get her mouth into.  All my
MF ferrets have always been extremely selective about what they would eat.
I don't know if this has anything to do with her background or if it's just
her.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our shelter's web site: http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC