From:
Dawn Roeglin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:58:05 -0600
I was privileged to own a dark sable sprite named Mariposa.  She lived up
to her name, my little butterfly.  She was so happy all the time, until
friday night.  Friday night she started vomitting up blood, not whole
blood, but mucous with specks of blood.  And she started passing blood.  So
off to the vet we go.  He prescribed .1ml of Tagament every eight hours and
gave her some sub q fluids.  THis seemed to work, she perked up and was
feeling better on Sat morning.  So, I went out with my mother grocery
shopping.  When we came back, Mari had collapsed.  She was hypothermic, and
non responsive.  So off to the emergency vet.  There we had her euthanized.
There was nothing that they could do.  But she fought up to the very end,
her little heart pounded until the drugs took effect, and she would wiggle
her ears when you spoke.  But she lived to be five, and had all her hair.
(I've 2 advanced adrenals, and another female that has a scraggy hair coat
due to malnutrition when she was younger)  And so I said good by to my
butterfly.  Has anyone else heard of these symptoms?  Any Idea what could
have been happening?  The vets were bewildered, she was healthy until then.

Dawn and the rejects  (Nanook, Farfalla, and Naked Zuet)