From:
"Todd P. Cromwell III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:34:38 -0800
All right!  I caught the tail end of a segment featuring a woman and her
ferret on "America's Greatest Pets", UPN.  The woman was shown setting up
props for her ferret, and her sable ferret, (which I believe was a female
ferret) named Bridget, was shown going through tubes, turning in a circle
on request, being hugged, and eating treats.  After all the tricks and
treats, we saw the woman emerge from her house with her ferret on leash
and walk down her front steps and outside.  The ferret walked well, needing
only a little coaxing and then romping along at high speed in a slightly
rainy environment.

I didn't see the beginning of the segment, but what I saw had a lot of
audience laughter and the part I saw lasted perhaps 2 minutes.  All the
while, the narrative tone was very positive, and every so often little
bubbles appeared with text like "Ferrets sleep 18-20 hours per day" and
"Ferrets were domesticated before cats."

This was on America's Greatest Pets, UPN (United Paramount Network).
Their mail-in address for videos and such was in Los Angeles, CA, so it's
wonderful they were positive (in at least the part I saw).  Their web site
is www.upn.com.  I will send them a thank you message.

Todd P. Cromwell III, WA State, Dantes and Dors