From:
La LaMotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 08:18:28 -0700
I wanted to buy an ultrasonic device which makes a really annoying sound
to scare away rats and mice. This device creates a sound over 22 kHz which
we, people, cannot hear.

But my pet is a ferret and now I was wondering if ferrets, martens and
other species like these are sensitve for a noise over 22kHz ...

2nd, I have asked this question before, but no one replied.  I hope someone
out in ferret land can help!

My 2 1/2 male neutered ferret has been losing fur around his genital area
and on the top of his paws.  The hair on his tails is fine (all there).
My vet checked him for bladder infection, adrenal tumors, could not find
anything.

Lately I have noticed his fur has yellow orange crusty stuff like they get
on the tail sometimes.  I started washing it with the medicated shampoo,
but there is little improvement.

He itches like mad (no fleas though).  I want to comfort him.  Does anyone
have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!!!

"Free web-based email available now at http://www.theglobe.com"