From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 07:07:36 -0400
>From:    Jo Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: on back, curing a biter, the torture continues
>Monkey on HER back:
>My darling little Monkey.... She's absolutely the most beloved little girl.
>Her clue to me she wants to play is when she rolls onto her back and paws
>up at me.

I guess I should add Beasley to this list.  They looks so damn cute when
they do that.

Here's a strange thing he does... he walks backwards, and for quite a
distance.  He seems to do this mostly after the morning treat by the
kitchen counter.  After he's done, he'll back all the way out of the
kitchen into the family room and sometimes even go around a corner in the
process.  That's a good 15 feet.  It's almost as if he's saying, "Ok, I'm
leaving but I'm not taking my eyes off the spot where the treats are given
out."

We call him John Wayne during these moments because it always reminds me of
True Grit where the lawyer asks him, "Which direction where you going when
you were backing up?" And John Wayne says, "Backwards.  I usually go
backwards when I'm backing up." Guess you had to see it.  :-)

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC