From:
Fulvio Biagioni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 05:59:00 +0200
Hi to all.

Let me first thank all the nice persons that were answering very kindly to
my request of advice on Igor's beahviour: The list would be very long, so
I'm not going to mention all the names and I e-mailed them directly.  I
really do appreciate theyr understanding.

I have a question about food.

When I bought Orietta the pet shop advised to give her the Techni-Cal
Kitten Food (made in Canada), and my vet said it was ok. Note that no
specific ferret's food was available in that moment (May).

So I started with it, in the "dried" version.  Last summer was particularly
hot here, so I used to give her the canned meat (same brand and type) only
a few times per month, in order to avoid decomposition risks.

I kept with the same food when Igor came one month later.

The shop recently received Fluker's Ferret Diet, and I bought it, mixing it
with the remaining Techni-Cal I  had at home.

They seem to like this food and theyr weights raised from 500 grams to
1,100 (Orietta) and from 1,300 to 2,000 (Igor) since I have them.  I also
give them every other day a couple of slices of smashed banana.

- Do you think this feeding is adequate enough for them ?
- Do I have to use only Fluker's or continue to mix it with Tehni-Cal ?
- Shall I add something  ?
- Do you believe that canned food could be better than the dried one ? (now
  temperature is fresher)
- Don't forget that specific ferret's food other than that one cannot
  actually be found here.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Fulvio