From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:47:51 -0500
Truely it does not bother them to get "sand in their eyes" I thought so
myself the first I saw it and then remembered, hey they are born to dig, to
get after rabbits, etc.  Sand boxes are "neat" not neat but "neat"

Just try it once and you will be hooked.  That would be something to take
the pictures of and send into home video...........it is hilarious.
Everytime I am in the room and see one in the box, I just sit down and
watch even after all this time.  I also take them ouside in a very - what I
call anyway - lovely yard and they dig dig dig near the walls (the house
surounds this area and the 4th wall is brick too, have plexiglass up on the
wrought iron gate) each has their own holes and go back to it each day,
even if a demon covered it the night before.  They work so hard.  It is so
cute to see them standing up on their back legs tippy toed, toes spread
wide apart supporting themselves braced for the front legs to spin like
crazy, they come up with dirty noses and the gleem in the eyes are saying
WOW.  They do this in the sandbox too but it is not so much braced to dig
deep holes as it is to make a rut all around the sides of the box.

The one thing I wish there was an answer for, little Ajax goes fishing
in his little pond for the pingpong balls and then chases them around
the room, when passing the sandbox and someone is in it, he has to stop
to jump in to check and then back out.  Well his coat is wet from the
fishing and ..............I have towels out, but he doesn't take the
time to dry off.  A bath to him is undignified and he works very hard
drying himself off then so I know he knows how to use a towel.

Try the sandbox and see if you don't enjoy it as much as they do.

Millie & her noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Hey Grandma, I can out run Joy, you wannna see, just let me
outta here and I'll show you, let me try, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cascade:  Why, Joy, do you keep tucking Ajax in his hammock, he wants to
come out and play.
Ajax:  What's with this lady, I almost grown!  She needs a stuffed toy
Dizzy:  Pretty flowers, pretty sky, oh pretty pretty pretty.......ough
oh, here comes Joy, better run, she's gonna tuck me into a hammock again
Joy:  Back you girls, these boys are my responsibility, I'll take care
of em.  Oh boys....ear washing time.