From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:02:20 -0500
>From:    Victoria Powers <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A Very Timid Ferret
>My husband got Chewbacca for me for Christmas.  He is the largest ferret
>I have ever seen and is only about 18 weeks old.  He has beautiful fur,
>plays, eats and poops just fine!  HE is so TIMID.  Any out of the ordinary
>sound frightens him and he takes off to hid.

Doesn't sound all that unusual for a youngster.  He'll get over it.  Penny,
who just turned a year old, STILL jumps if we round a corner and startle
her or she hears some sort of noise she doesn't like.  She has gotten much
better in the last year, but the right noise will still do it.

We have this wicker chest in our family room she likes to hide under.  No
matter where she is in the house, if something frightens her, she hauls
butt down the hallway and dives under this chest.  Since our place is
mostly ceramic tile, she usually slides sideways the last two feet getting
under the chest at 30 mph.  It's sooo funny!

Even our 7 year old Sid used to fly out of the kitchen every time the
microwave dinged when it was done.  And that was after 7 years of hearing
it ding.  It depends on the individual too.  4 year old Beasley isn't
bothered by any sound or movement.  He just sits there with this "nothing
fazes me" look.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC