From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:50:02 -0800
icanticanticanticant..

This is what I keep telling myself..2 is enough...Heard a rumour Pet-co had
ferrets (has) So with keys in hand and ALL plastic and paper currency
safely hidden away, I drove over..(federal way in Washington) I spoke with
the woman who is ferret knowledgeable there, she has 7 fuzzies of her own.

This is the deal, there are 5 ferrets,1 silver and 4 dark sables...they are
between 6 to 9 months old, they are triple F ferrets, spayed/neutered and
descented..all with their first set of shots, They are all very large and
beautiful, the 4 sables were in a cage together, the silver by himself, one
of the clerks said he was mean..:( and of course they were all sleeping in
a big heap on the cage floor with shavings.  Nancy, the ferret wise person,
had come to work this morning and noticed this error, I am assuming she
will correct it.  She has taken some of these guys home to socialize them,
they do/did bite, stupid me, I should know better, just had to snuggle one
and give him kisses, well he bit me hard enough on my chin to draw blood,
but otherewise didnt mind being held, he just wasn't going to have none of
that kissy stuff.  She is going to set up a workshop to impart some of her
wisdom on the other employees.  But her and I both agreed, that these guys
were not going anywhere soon, and she also told me they were expecting a
shipment of kits in soon.  I asked her what would happen to these ferrets
and she said she did not know, but that she would take them if it came down
to something drastic..I find it hard to believe that she would take them
all, I told her about the FML, and that I would post the info on these
guys.  They are normally $119.00 but there is a sale $20.00 off.  I also
have permission from her to post her phone number if anyone has questions
you can call her.  Her name is Nancy Wolfe, 253-529-5677

I am glad she is going to educate her fellow employees.  And while I was
there, I was able to chat with a couple of people, I had Chandler with me
on a leash, which BTW he took to very easily, the people I did speak with
were under the impression they bit like hamsters and were very mean, it is
very rewarding to tell people about ferrets, the usual response is, oh I
never knew that..

If anyone is interested please call her..I know we cant help them all, but
eventually these are going to end up in a shelter..or worse :,,(

June,
Chandler; sorry I pooped on the stores floor, I just couldn't hold it.
Socks;...and you know where you can put that thermometer