From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 18:34:57 -0400
Hi, everyone,

I walked into a pet store today that carries something Discount Pet doesn't
which I happened to need for our kids.  In that store was a small cage with
shavings, no litter pan, an empty food bowl, and an empty water bottle, and
two ferrets, one chocolate kit, and one somewhat larger red-eyed white
male.  It turns out the white had been there a while because, as I was told
"He's a terrible biter".  Uh huh... I imagine any ferret who isn't fed or
given a constant supply of water might just get a bit nasty.  I brought
this five month old kit home, intent on doing what I did for little
Ebisneezer, who is happy in his new home.

I am really, really torn about this.  This "terrible biter" turns out to be
nothing but sweet when shown a little love and attention, and some of you
know I always wanted an albino.  He's rambunctious and playful, but not at
all a biter.  For right now, he's called Pertwee, after the late white
haired actor, John Pertwee, who got me so into Dr. Who when he played the
title role.

The little guy cost me $120, plus having another mouth to feed and take
care of.  I'd like to recover that and find him a good home.  If I can't
then I suppose we'll have to keep him.  Eight ferrets????  Yikes!  ...and
five would be mine.  Oy!

Anyone want an adorable five month old?

-Caity

Caitlyn M. Martin                                     [log in to unmask]
http://www.caitys-world.com

"As the rabbit of chaos is chased by the ferret of disorder
 through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants
 on the hook of darkness, whether they are clean or not."
 -Roger Moore in "Spice World"