From:
"Matthew a.k.a. Krazy Kritter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 05:59:33 -0600
Dear [LA],
Your suggestion is something I do constantly.  However us shelters don't
have advertising budgets so we can't reach the masses.  I know you mean
well but believe me we don't keep ourselves a secret if we can help it.
Ask any shelter and they'll tell you we work very hard about getting our
name out but since we don't have the ad budgets of a multi-million dollar
company might have we rely on word of mouth.  Doing exactly what you did is
exactly what we all need.

You're right about one thing though, most people have no idea that there
were that many ferrets around, but let me tell you there are so many
ferrets needing homes, and if you don't have a shelter in your area get in
touch with one that's close.  If none are none close ask for help and maybe
someone is heading that direction.  Just the other day I talked with a
gentleman interested in adoption, it just so happens he makes regular trips
from OKC to Houston, and wouldn't mind transporting ferrets.  So if ever I
need a transport from Houston to OKC or vice versa I have someone to call.
You just never know!  I adopted to another gal who works for a smaller
airline that has flights in the south and offered assistance if I needed
it.  For a good home I'm willing to do just about whatever it takes to get
a ferret there.  Ask just about any shelter/rescue and I'm sure you'll get
a similar answer.  If it's in our means to do something, then we'll do it.

--
Matthew a.k.a. Krazy Kritter

DFW Metro: 817-683-6363 Pager: 800-SPRINT-1 Pin 317-3247
Kozy Kingdom Ferret Rescue, P.O. Box 201013, Arlington, TX 76006-1013