From:
2Lt Bobby Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1993 09:36:48 -0400
My wife and I just moved to Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, Tx. We were told
that all animals on base had to have tags. Anyway, the base veterarian
 assistant said that ferrets are illegal in Texas. That seems kind of
stupid since ferrets sell like wildfire at all of the petstores I've
been at in Texas. Could someone confirm or discredit this? Also, what
is the DoD/Air Force view of ferrets on base? Are they considered
wild animals? Incidentally. someone on base has a pet turkey, so I
don't think a ferret should give any trouble. At least ferrets don't
go "gobble, gobble." Thanx...