Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:34:28 EST
From:
Kaycie Silver <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I have to share this with you because I am getting a little worried about
Spanky.  A couple of days ago I was eating a Roast Beef sandwich with my
boyfriend when I decided to give the guys a treat.  There was a little left
over Roast Beef scraps so I went over to their cage and offered some to all
4.  The only one that took notice VERY QUICKLY was Spanky.  I was trying to
offer some to Bandit and when I realized that she didn't want any, Spanky
woke up out of nowhere and grabbed the Roast Beef.  So at first I didn't
take notice until I offered him another piece and he bit into my finger
like a PITBULL and would not let go.

He was latched onto my middle finger for a good 3 minutes and the more I
tried to open his jaw, the more pressure he put on my finger.  My boyfriend
panicked and asked me what we should do (like it was his finger or
something).  Finally I looked into Spanky's eyes and nicely asked for my
finger back and delicately tried to pry his mouth open and at once he gave
and let me go.  I can't even explain what kind of pain I was in and how
much I was bleeding.

Spanky is about a year old and he has had a little problem like this before
when I tried to take the wet cat food away from him.  He has never hurt me
like this before.  I have also noticed that he has been fighting with
Bandit (over food) these past couple of days.  The last time that he had
somewhat of a problem (with the cat food) was when he had a tapeworm and I
am thinking maybe he might have one again.  The only thing is is that he is
too fat to have a worm.  Another thought was that maybe the smell of beef
triggered his hunting instinct (while he was sleeping) and he just bugged
out, the meat was kinda raw (I forgot to add that he was shaking during all
of this.  )

My last thought might be a hormonal problem.  Does anyone have any thoughts
of what could have caused this?  He has always been aggressive with the
other ferrets but NEVER to me.  I would really appreciate some feedback
which you can e-mail me if you have some suggestions.  I've been monitoring
him for the past few days since this has happened and he's acting like
nothing ever happened.  Go figure huh?

The last resort is to take a trip to the vet and have him tell me that
there's nothing wrong with him.  The vet is decent but not as good as I'd
like him to be!

Anyway sorry it's so long.  My prayers are out for those who have lost a
fuzzy!!!

-Kaycie and the 4 pack-
--Maggie, SPANKY, Smokie and the Bandit--